Being Funnier 5 Minutes at a Time.
How did you do with yesterday’s practice snack?
Here are a couple of my lines.
- What doesn’t kill you makes you . . . bitter and hungry for revenge.
- What doesn’t kill you makes you . . . deeply in debt. Thanks crappy healthcare.
- What doesn’t kill you makes you . . . wish that it had.
- What doesn’t kill you makes you . . . post about it on facebook.
- What doesn’t kill you makes you . . . think you’re totally invincible.
For today’s practice snack we are turning to celebrity birthdays and today is a trifecta of celebrity birthdays.
- Dwayne Johnson https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwayne_Johnson
- David Beckham https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Beckham
- James Dyson https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Dyson
Pick a celebrity and then pick one of the following:
- Things you shouldn’t put on _____’s birthday cake
- Things you shouldn’t say at _____’s birthday
- Things you shouldn’t give _____ as a birthday gift
The goal of today’s practice snack is to practice word association and connecting ideas which are key skills if you are interested in being funnier. The first thing I do is gather some facts so I’ve included links to each individual’s Wikipedia page. You can also search google for news items related to your favorite celebrity.
The goal isn’t to think of anything funny at this point but to get my mind going and find some raw material to use.
Have some fun and go for 10!