Being Funnier 5 Minutes at a Time.
How did you do with yesterday’s practice snack?
As promised, here are some of my lines. ****SPOILER ALERT***** if you haven’t already tried yesterday’s practice, don’t scroll, give it a try first.
Before I share some of my lines, the quote that created today’s practice snack: “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” James A. Garfield
- The truth will set you free but not before it slaps you silly.
- The truth will set you free and then send you a bill for the trouble.
- The truth will set you free after talking bad about you behind your back.
- The truth will set you free and all it will cost you is your confidence.
- The truth will set you free only if you accept it’s Facebook friend request.
Alright, on with today’s practice snack. Years ago there was a series of commercials for E.F. Hutton. And when E.F. Hutton talked, people listen.
Have fun and come up with 10 alternative endings in place of “people listen.” You can change the structure to get your creativity started. For example, “It’s like E.F. Hutton except when _________ talks, people ___________.”
Who do you want in the first blank? Your mother? Your Boss? Your spouse? Significant other?