Being Funnier 5 Minutes at a Time. Practice Snack – August 3, 2016
How did you do with yesterday’s practice snack?
As promised, here is how Jim Gaffigan line.
“Babies are a lot of work. I try and pitch in, I do diapers. I mean I don’t change them, but I go “you gotta do this diaper.”
For today’s practice snack we are turning to celebrity birthdays and the first person that popped up in a search was, Tom Brady. Since Tom has been in the news for the unfortunate events surrounding the “deflategate” scandal, let’s have some fun.
Pick one of the following:
- Things you shouldn’t put on Tom’s birthday cake
- Things you shouldn’t say at Tom Brady’s birthday
- Things you shouldn’t give Tom as a birthday gift
The goal of today’s practice snack is to practice word association and connecting ideas which are key skills if you are interested in being funnier. The first thing I do is gather some facts about Tom and I’ve included several for you below. If none of these get your mind going, doing a google search on Tom or check out his wikipedia page.
Next I start making two word association lists on football and Tom. The goal isn’t to think of anything funny at this point but to get my mind going and find some raw material to use.
Have some fun and tomorrow I’ll share some of my lines. Go for 10!
- Tom Brady crashes Kevin Faulk’s Pats Hall of Fame induction
- The Patriots quarterback decided to show up at Kevin Faulk’s retirement ceremony
- Brady hasn’t spoken publicly since at least July 15, when he made the decision to accept the NFL’s four-game suspension over Deflategate.
- The Patriots’ backup quarterback, Jimmy Garoppolo, is expected to start the first four games of the Patriots’ 2016 season while Brady serves his suspension.
- Brady will miss games against the Arizona Cardinals, Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans, and Buffalo Bills. He will be eligible to return in Week 5 against the Cleveland Browns.
- Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen Relationship Update: Couple Buys New York Home For Over $20 Million
- He met Gisele Bündchen on a blind date. A mutual friend set the two up on a blind date by describing Gisele as “a girl version of Brady” and Brady as a “boy version of Gisele.”
- Bündchen later described it as love at first sight by saying “I could see it in his eyes that he was a man with integrity who believes in the same things I do.”
- Brady is also a popular celebrity. He was chosen as one of People magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful People” in 2002 and hosted the popular comedy show Saturday Night Live, in 2005.
- He Was Almost A Catcher In The MLB
- In 2005, he played with extremely swollen testicles.
- He sold his house to Dr. Dre.
- He won’t sign photos where his mechanics look bad.
- His walkout song is Jay Z’s “Public Service Announcement.”
- He snacks on avocado ice cream.
- He plans on playing until he’s 48.
- As a gift he gives Uggs to every player on the Patriots.
- He was an intern for Merrill Lynch.
- According to a teammate who prefers to remain anonymous, he likes to call his teammates babe:
“He always kind of calls guys ‘Babe,'” the teammate says. “I was confused [at first]. I was like, ‘Did he just call me babe?’ But he kind of talks to guys like that, like, ‘Hey, babe.’ It’s the California boy in him, I guess.